Skytoy offers year around paragliding and powered paragliding training in San Diego California and Baja Mexico.
San Diego and the surrounding areas have many different training sites that allow for various types of training. From coastal sites like Mission Bay which offer all day laminar winds. The coastal locations are excellent for stage one training which pertains to kiting also known as ground handling. Our inland sites have low lying hills that are great for stage two training with the goal to get the student airborne and to fly safely to large and unobstructed landing zone. Finally stage three, flying with a motor, can be done in places like the Salton Sea where the terrain is soft, the winds are smooth and the G airspace is seldom congested.
For those a bit more adventurous and that are willing to travel to Mexico; they will be rewarded with favorable all day weather conditions. The ocean air offers the ultimate laminar breeze in which training can be all hours of the day. Some consider Mexico to be safer than the US. Read more here about the facts of safety in Mexico. In a relatively small geographical area, our Baja training sites are varied in topography, elevations, terrain, and wind conditions. Unlike the US, these sites are not under the "microscope" of park rangers, environmentalists, or do gooders that all seem to have a common goal which is to prevent people from having fun. So come on down to the warm year around climate of Norther Baja Mexico and have fun training and vacationing with us!
- See brochure below for training rates.
- Click here for the FAA authorized certificate of dual flight (tandem operation) instruction qualification issued by ASC Aero Sports Connection and FAA exemption No. 9785A.
- We are a certified United States Powered Paragliding Association (USPPA) school. All instruction is under the supervision of a certified tandem qualified instructor.
Small group local hourly rate special:
- One student private hourly lesson is $75 per hour with a two hour minimum.
- Multiple students with a two hour minimum is $50 per student per hour with a maximum limit of 4 students per instructor.
- Ask about large group rates of 5 or more students.
Weight shift ultralight trike rides are available with advanced reservations. Contact us here.
Pilot and passenger coastal flights from Puerto Salina up to La Fonda and down to Bajamar are $50 for a single flight or $40 for groups of two or more. The flight duration is approxiamtely 15 minutes. Often times you will see dolphins or whales from 200' above the ocean. Also, skimming along the beach with the occasional touch and go is a blast! Give us a call or an e-mail and we will schedule your reservation. You will have the time of your life!
Airspace, FAR 103 and the rules we are required to follow in the USA
See "The Ultralight Place" for a good description of rules and airspace powered paragliders need to understand and follow.